The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2011, 12:26 AM   #7
69heavychevy

Re: First Ticket in the 70...

Good for you...you never know what can happen and its a good learning experience. I remember the first ticket I got was for having windshield washer nozzles with a red light on them on my 240sx(violated emergency vehicle lighting laws). The fine was almost $300!!! Went to court and all they way to trial. Of course I lost, but during the trial I learned...you can have lighted nozzles as long as they're not red, you can have any other color including blue as long as its stationary, how trial proceedings take place, but most importantly my fine was only $110 including court cost! Court cost were $99 alone and the judge said that with a guilty verdict by law he had to asses a minimum fine of $10. Funny thing is the city prosecutor wasnt too happy about the outcome, but afterwards the assistant DA came over to my table and congratulated me on a well presented case...anyways!! moral of the story is if you are going to fight it do your research. Like the DA told me, judges absolutely hate litigants who are unprepared...one important thing to consider is the fact that many cities are cash strapped these days and might not be so lenient as before and might try to stick it to you...either way good luck and let us know the outcome and next time speed responsibly like everyone else