The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2011, 01:26 AM   #1
bigyellow

71 c10, upgrades/rebuild-my first truck

So I'm 20 years old i've had my truck since i was 15. She's my baby. I bought her when she was to say the very least-rough. I wanted to learn how to do bodywork and make cool hot rod kinda stuff. So I mowed yards, did whatever it took to make money and after much searching I found my first vehicle. My dad and grandpa taught me how to do bodywork and painting, now i know alot more than i did i wanna repaint it but from a distance doesn't look bad, just has alot of rock chips, a dent from an idiot friend of mine in the passenger fender =/, and a couple paint bubbles. but i still love my old chevy.

After replacing u-joints, brakes, a couple belts, a carb, new tune up parts, and a clutch she still runs great. Straight 6 250 all stock, bolted to a muncie sm420 with a 3.08 gear (gettin about 17 mpg right now ) haha

All through high school I took it EVERYWHERE old dirt roads, road trips, i mean everywhere and that was when I still had the 3:73s in the back

after graduating high school i ended up going to coastal carolina university which i drove to and from every other week at 65 mph 260 miles one way at ohhh 3500 rpm haha, gotta love it.

anyway what i'm gettin at is i'm ready for some upgrades. I wanna bolt up a t5 s10 trans with the adapter plate, put ECE 2/4 drop kit, front sway bar from a 1 ton chevy, and a rear sway bar from a 80's camaro. I figure if i put the 3:73s back in it'll be pretty quick for an old straight six. The 3:08s leave a lil to be desired. I also wanna do the headlight relays, led instrument cluster bulbs, and put some cragars on it. It's going to be kind of an odd combo all together but idc it's mine and i like my big yellow truck (btw so do girls )

soo give me some feedback on what u think it'll be like, any tips would be nice, or any ideas on other cool upgrades that'll make my truck a lil different than the rest running around, but remember i am a college student so i dont have gobs of money lol
Attached Images