The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2011, 10:42 PM   #1
J.Cagle

'64 Reliable Daily Driver build thread....

This is my 1964 chevy. I bought it a few months ago and parked my '05 Mustang gt b/c I loved driving it so much. It just had the stock 235 with 3 speed and no power anything. The only down fall was it seemed kinda limited to close trips and town driving since 55 was about top speed. Even with it running like a top I just didnt want to push it. So, I decided I want to drive it everyday anywhere I wanted to go RELIABLY! To do so, I decided I'd need a V8, auto, power steering, and power brakes. After some nice guys on here pointed me in the right direction I found an '84 suburban with a low milage rebuilt motor and transmission. It runs and drives good so I knew I'd be ok to use the front and rear end as well. I will probaly do some rust repair and some paint work while its apart as well. Anyways, I decided to start tearing into the '64 tonight. I will update pics and the progress comes along! Any tips and comments would be great!