The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2011, 07:34 PM   #1
ryans69chevy

Trucks with NO heaters!

Hey, I'm curious what you guys who have shaved their firewalls and takin out their heaters are doing with the heater control space? Are you guys leaving the heater controls in the dash for looks and the heater box in the cab for originality? Or are you guys taking all that stuff out? I'm planning on plugging those holes in the firewall so I need your guys input in what I should do with the rest of the heater stuff in the cab...

Here is what I'm kinda thinking...Plugging the holes, removing the heater boxes that are in the cab, and pulling the heater controls in the dash. I want to keep it looking original though...So I thought of making a "heater control delete" that would be just like the radio delete. Would that look too plain of a dash though? Or putting gauges in there? I thought of just leaving the heater control in the dash and heater boxes in the cab, but it would be kinda pointless if I have no heater.

What are you guys doing with the space? Pics would be awesome and just any ideas you have!

I'm having the same dilema with my radio...I think it looks really cool in the dash and adds style, but I'm not gonna have any speakers or have it hooked up to anything so why have it in there you know?

Thanks
ryans69chevy is offline   Reply With Quote