The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-25-2011, 09:08 PM   #1
Sweet 72

1972 Custom Deluxe Suburban Barn Yard Find w/o the Barn.

This is your classic barn yard find without the barn yard

This guy bought it from the original owner back in the seventies. I went out to his property with him. He has like five or more acres and over sixty cars and trucks on it. Lots of old 67-72 trucks. I was like heaven without the streets of gold

The burban was originally sold in Montana, and then brought to central oregon. I pulled up the passenger side floor mat and just a little surface rust on the floor. I didn't go any further than that on the floors. Under the doors looked solid. Under the tailgate was solid. I was trying to stick a metal steak into the floors to find weak spots. Nice and solid.

It has two seats. Both are bench. Its the "luxury" style seat... vinyl and cloth.... Sweet. The passenger row seat is perfect. The front bench has a rip on the drivers side shoulder and lower cusion.
It still has the original radio, which is always a nice sign to see (burb hasn't been hacked, wacked, or cut).

Still has the original 350 engine, never rebuilt with I'm guessing 150k miles. Automatic transmission. Original steering wheel with tilt steering (which he wants to keep, but I told him I would find him another one so that one can stay with the truck).

Power disc brakes, power steering.
Original stainless wipers and wiper arms.
Chrome bumpers (also came factory with bumper guards.
White interior (seats, door panels, dash pad ect...)
The door panels have factory stainless trim.
Stainless around the windshield, and window wing vents.

Has a little damage on the lower passenger side of the front grille where it meets up with the fender. The inner grille is like perfect along with the original chevy bow tie emblem.
The rear is cherry. There may have been at once a little bondo work on the drivers side tail light area. Other than that looks really good considering most of these old burbs have lots of rear damage on the tail light areas.

Five lug wheels. He has five lug eight inch steel wheels that go with the burb.
It has two tanks with a tank switch located next to the front of the seat on the drivers side floor.
The burb has been repainted at one time, and needs a good buff job.
It has stock chrome trim on the lower quarters all the way around the burb.

The sweet thing about this burb is its unlisted. He also said he would personally trailer it and drop it off at my house.

Its been sitting for over ten years. I didn't know if it was going to start or not. I got it dropped off at the house. Pulled plugs, sprays some WD40 inside, replaced the oil, fresh gas in the tank, and put some gas inside the carb... started right up. I felt like Dr. Frankenstein.... "IT'S ALIVE!"

I'm looking forward to seeing how this burban turns out. I just want to make it a nice, practical family rig that can pull a 19' travel trailer.

I want to lower it a couple inches in the front, and four in the rear. Not sure if I want to bag the rear, or just put springs back in the rear. I looking for some original style rallies to put on it.

Thanks for checking out my thread. I'm new here, and love the 67-72 chev/gmc's. I grew up in a '72 GMC 4x4 long bed, and it ended up being my first vehicle. I'm now 34 with a three and two year old and I hope to pass on some memories of growing up in an old truck. My kids love the suburban. We sold our newer Tahoe, and going back in time.
Attached Images

Sweet 72 is offline   Reply With Quote