The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2011, 11:52 AM   #1
prostreetC-10
My Carbon Footprint

Pics please of successful "textured" rattle can paint jobs??

I was cutting my gauge holes with my hole saw into my nice aluminum panel when the blade caught and walked across the face of the panel. I'm not too bummed out because the panel was almost too nice for a race car look. Almost looked like a piece of stainless. I'm looking to paint some kind of a texture over the dash to give a little contrast to the inside of the car. I have used spray in bedliner in different areas and really like the look. It has it's place though and my dash is not one of them.

I really like the look of "hammertone" paint but don't know if it successfully comes out of a can. I have seen some jobs where the texture is not even at all and it tends to collect is certain areas. I'm not sure if that's because someone tried to paint at a 90* as apposed to flat on the ground or what. I also realize that common sense isn't too common.

I'm not limited to the hammertone and would love to see different products in use. If you could post a pic, the brand/manufacturer and your technique, that would be awesome!!!
prostreetC-10 is offline   Reply With Quote