The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2011, 01:55 AM   #1
drwright68

Question for C2500/C20

I have a 70 GMC C2500 and have decided to bring it back to as close to period correct as I can on a budget.... The truck was mostly original when I bought it. I believe it has a later model 350 as I bought spark plugs for a 70 and they were the wrong size. I converted it to HEI so there isn't much point in going with bias ply tires...Unfortunately for my taste, the PO switched to wagon wheels and I acquired some original 8 lug wheels from a later model chevy(73-87). Would it make more sense to locate some 8 lug rims from a 67-72 so that I can spend countless hours looking for GMC 3/4 ton caps What were the rim paint color options in 1970? White only? Bumper paint options? The truck has original patina med. blue with no paint or trim options per SPID. It does have some rust in the upper Windshield and replacing both rockers would fix all of the rust on the cab. I think I will have that sheet metal fixed and paint the upper cab and lower white as a result. What are thoughts on leaving the rest of it original paint? Finally, the purpose for the post amongst others... What would be the preferred tire size for radial tires keeping in mind budget...lol...LT215/85r16? LT235r16? Any pics of these sizes on a stockish 3/4 ton would be cherrished...other thoughts/options? I am sorry for all the questions, I just haven't turned up these answers searching the forum.

Thanks!
drwright68 is offline   Reply With Quote