The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2011, 12:28 AM   #1
bmfm64

So... what do I do with it?

Not sure what exactly I want to with the truck I got last night. 72 chevy cheyenne C20 has tach, really nice grill and grill shell, nice tailgate, full set of 16.5 wheels with new 10 years ago when parked tires(including spare), 350/350 with a dana 60 rear, aftermarket trans cooler, edelbrock carb, mallory HEI, third seat belt(all in black) and few other odds and ends. the bad is the usual rust in the rockers and around top of windshield and a touch around the back window. The lady thought it had a blown head gasket... I found no water in oil and vice versa. So after checking all fluids and making sure it would turn over I took the chance on it. I also bought another box a few weeks back that I'm gonna cut down that has the two missing pieces of chrome as well... So I got it home and unloaded it and figured what the heck... poured a little gas in the carb, through a battery in it and hit the key. Boom, fired right up. brought it up to temp and did all the usual checks... all looks good, except the gas smell. Looked under the truck and fuel (if you can call it that, smells more like paint thinner)was pouring out of the return line. The truck has three tanks, which the saddle tanks are gonna go away, so I fixed the leak with a new piece of hose and drove it around the yard a bit. The rear reservoir on the master cylinder was bone dry so brakes are up in the air. I'll try to get to bleeding them tomorrow and figure out where the leak is but for now, I'm torn... Do I pull the tanks and fix the few little issues and drive it or do I move it on to the next guy or do I part it? What would you do? Now for the pics.
Attached Images

bmfm64 is offline   Reply With Quote