The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #1
LoudLowNslow

1966 GMC build in MA

Whats up everybody. My name is Paul and I live in MA. I'm about to start doing a resto-mod on a 1966 GMC step side shortbed that was handed down to me..
Quick History
My father bought this truck in 2001 locally. He passed away in August of 2002 from Cancer. I was 14 years old then. In 2006 I got interested in fixing it up, and got it running after sitting for 4years. After getting it running for about 10 mins, the radiator let go. I pulled the radiator, and found rot. Long story short I wound up pulling the front clip realizing how much rust there was, and the truck has sat since then.

Fast forward to today, I pulled the truck out(now knowing ALOT more about vehicles, but not much about older ones), it's not as bad as I thought. The frame is solid, but the cab needs a lot of work. I will post some pictures later.

The truck is a 1966 GMC. inline 6, 250, 3 on the tree. Has leaf springs out back not coils? I see most trucks had coil springs?

Next year will mark 10 years since my father passed and my goal is to have it running and driving in memory of him by next summer, I'm going to need ALOT of help/tips from this forum as this is a learning process for me!
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
LoudLowNslow is offline   Reply With Quote