The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2011, 12:16 PM   #1
mbaker

new here with some questions

hello everyone, im on my way home from deployment and i am going to be picking up a 1948 5 window short bed. from the pics and the details it was parked in a barn for the past 30+ years and has minimal body rust, and it runs and drives! i am going to be doing a restoration on it and im looking for some info.

1. can the frame handle around 400hp 400ftlbs? i know the older ford trucks, the frame was meant to flex is this the case with the chevys also?

2. what is the best method for the rear suspension? i am looking into a new rear leaf kit with a 2-3" drop, but im also looking into the 4-link.

3. is the mustang II one of the best options options for the front? i know i want a IFS but there are other options out there and i would like to hear about them.

i have been reading almost nonstop since i found this website and i have already found it to be very useful. cant wait to learn more and finnaly pick up this truck.

mike
mbaker is offline   Reply With Quote