The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-07-2011, 11:23 PM   #1
Stevo427

Well. My 68 Caught on fire

Hello everyone. Well my truck caught on fire this weekend ( What a great way to spend labor day weekend right) I I loved this truck . My insurance company wanted to just take the car to a salvage yard and I was like **** that. I have way to of an attachment to just let her go like that so its in my driveway getting prepped up for a restore. But yeah. Heres the pics.
Heres my baby before the fire

Heres the fire

Before

After

Everything points to a fuel leak. Especially the long trail of gas behind the truck . Right now she's sitting in my driveway with all the interior ripped out as I'm going to restore her. I'm planning on throwing in an LS1 ( I've read up a lot on it) and anyone who has any helpful tips for me or anything regarding that feel welcome to chime in. I was thinking of throwing in the LS1 out of a GTO if that isn't to bad of an Idea? Whats the big difference between the GTO version versus the Corvette one? Engine in the truck was cammed with some other work done to it. Only had 40k miles also. It was fun but I want the added benefits of a newer engine
Stevo427 is offline   Reply With Quote