The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2011, 05:29 PM   #1
Crash'd Artwerks

Semi-newbie, pinstriper, and all around car/truck guy !

Hey everyone. I've been lurking here for a little while now, and figured I would go ahead and post an intro and show off my truck a little.

My name is Aaron, or CRASH as a lot of people know me. I'm a pinstriper/sign painter, fabricator, and all around old car/truck nut. I live in Allen, Tx currently.

I bought this '66 back in May and have been working on it quite feverishly since then. It had a rebuilt 283 with 3 on the tree in it, so that was a plus. Very little rust, and most of the body work was already done, so even more of a plus !

My dad and I have put quite a few custom touches on the truck, as you can see. We did a 5 speed swap using a Camaro/S-10 T-5 hybrid, and shortened the driveshaft at the shop. I've spent A LOT of time cleaning up and painting lots of stuff on the truck to clean it up.

I had a '55 Buick Century station wagon that I traded for the complete Old Air a/c system and new Coker G78 wide whites. A buddy of mine owns a powder coating shop, so I did some trade out pinstriping work for the powder coating on the wheels. Another buddy of mine owns an upholstery shop and I did some trade out fabrication/pinstriping for the leather seat cover. It will be getting new carpet put in it in the next couple weeks as well.

The dash had a hole cut out where the radio went that looked like someone attempted to use a chain saw to hack it out. So, we cut that out and welded a new piece of sheet metal in its place. I'm going to just run an amplifier under the seat and hook my iPhone to it instead of running a head unit.

I bought a new chrome grille, head light bezels, and front bumper from Classic Parts of America. Also bought new aluminum park light and tail light bezels. All have worked out pretty well.

We've had to completely re-wire the tail lights and park lights under the hood because a previous owner couldn't track down a ground issue so he had a bunch of unnecessary wires run. Also put in a new turn signal switch, and bought a new ignition switch for it yesterday that I need to put in.

Here's some pictures. I'm sure I haven't listed a ton of stuff, but I don't want to bore you guys to death.

What I started with.

Transformation.

Crash'd Artwerks is offline   Reply With Quote