The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2011, 05:21 PM   #11
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: Over 25 Years Later, Finally My 71 C-10 Truck Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by jf781 View Post
Good work man. Gotta be a nice feeling to get to take out for a ride and to have the kids interested in it.

At the snail's pace I'm going on mine the kids will be in college by the time I get it back to being a driver again. The problem is one just started preschool the other just turned 1. I suppose that just gives me a few more years to try and warp their minds into this crazy hobby.
Of my 3 kids, only my son was was interested in a ride until it was painted. If you hadn't noticed the title of this thread, snails have been passing me by for years. My oldest is in her 2nd year of college and my yougest is a highschool freshman. This truck sat for years with barely a glance. It has been a very busy 3 years on this build and it's great to have a driver again.

Although, it continues to have issues. I advanced the timing a smidge and it runs better. I drove it this afternoon for quite a while and it never overheated, but it was trying to stall at idle. I nursed it home and open the hood to find a dropping fuel pressure. The line was very warm and I'm thinking vapor lock. It's out cooling down now and I'll check it later to see how it is. I have a hard time believing the filters are clogging. Everything was either new or completely washed out before installing.

If it is getting hot with that return line recircing at the pump inlet, I'll have to get another line back to the tank so it can mix and cool the fuel. Another day, another problem to solve.

I love driving it though. Every trip in town the past few days has been in the truck and it turns heads everywhere.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote