The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2011, 11:15 PM   #1
LSXTravis

New Guy living in Pineville, Louisiana

Hey Y'all,

First things first my name is Travis, 38, gainfully employed with the US Government, and I just bought a 1965 C10 with Big Back Glass, Short Fleetside, Factory in dash A/C, V8, and powerglide. I was driving up to Nashville over Labor Day Weekend and I made a wrong turn and got lost. Thank God I took that wrong turn because at the end of that dead end road was this C10 Truck. It was the one I had always wanted. When I was 14 I bought my first C10 which was a 1965 with a short stepside bed, but I always pined for a C10 with large back glass and short fleetside bed. I stopped to ask the guy for directions to Nashville from Lawrenceburg. I also asked him if he wanted to sell the truck. It was a sore subject for the man because the truck was his son's truck but his son had died tragically 2 yrs ago. He wanted to keep the truck but the truck reminded him of his son and he did want to sell the truck. I asked him how much he wanted for the truck and he said wanted $1500. I asked him if he had the title and he went into the house and got it. I went to the ATM to give him a deposit and then went to the bank that saturday morning to get the rest of the cash.

So I may have paid too much for the truck but it is really straight with very little rust. The magnet I had stuck almost every part of the truck with the exception of the lower front fenders which y'all know is common and a small spot on the door. The man and his wife asked me to send them pics when I am finished with the truck and I agreed.

I plan on making this truck my project for the next 2-3 yrs to get it to the point where it is my daily driver...Why fix them up if you ain't gonna drive it..right? I will take pics this weekend and put them up here.

I will not be chiming in very much but I will be reading a lot here and probably copying some of what y'all have done to your trucks. Well happy trails and thanks for accepting me into this forum.

Travis
LSXTravis is offline   Reply With Quote