The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2011, 07:36 PM   #1
domeier

Introduction + VIN code

Greetings, all you GM truck gurus. I've been reading the forum for years, but wasn't a member until today. Great, great, great website.

So. I know my 71 Chevy K(C)-10 is a little different than when it left the Fremont plant (about six miles from here,) but I didn't know it was *this* different. According to the vin decoder, (as far as I can tell anyway,) it started out as a fleetside 2WD - is now a 4WD stepper. I'm curious about a couple things:

1) Paint code 534, white/med olive and black vinyl trim. Anyone have a photo of that scheme? Love to see it.

2) It was built with heavy leaf springs at the back as an option. I've never seen a 2WD SWB with leafs. Can't imagine why anyone would ever want to do that - and pay extra for the privilege?

I'd like to put it back to 2WD, but if I was to do that, I guess the best move would be to buy a banged up SWB with coils all around and then transfer my everything onto that frame. Of course, I'd like to do lot of things... like buy a private island or take Mila Kunis to um... a movie. Maybe someday. Maybe not.

Anyway, it's a sweet truck. 330 hp crate 350, turbo 350, ps, pb. It'll pass anything on the road except a gas station. Only bad thing is the ride. It's stiff as a donkey cart. The wife calls it the "pee truck," because that's what you have to do as soon as you've gone a mile. Oh well.

I have some other questions about wheels that I'll put in a different thread.

Paul Domeier
San Jose, CA
Attached Images

domeier is offline   Reply With Quote