The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Paint & Bodywork

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2011, 11:40 AM   #1
domeier

Terrified of The Dent

So here's the deal: If it's broke, I can fix it. Anything engine, trans, anything mechanical, anything electric, I can troubleshoot it, and I can fix it. I'm a good wrench, and I know what I'm doing. Except...

Except body work. I'm scared to death of body work. Oh, and upholstery too, but that's not my current problem.

My current problem, is this:

The Dent.

My dear, lovely wife backed my Camaro out of the garage a few years ago, and she nailed my dear, lovely truck. With my dear, lovely Camaro. You know what I said? I said, "Oh. I'm so sorry." Because that's what you say. It's just how it is. Get used to it. "I'm sorry. It's my fault." Oh well.

I want to fix The Dent, but I'm a-skeered. It looks awful - but what if I try to fix it and make it worse??? I tried to fix a dent once, when I was 16, and I screwed it up. I made it worse. That memory haunts me; Sometimes I wake up screaming in a cold sweat dreaming about that experience. I can't take another one - I'm not strong enough!

So.

So, who's fixed a dent? Wait. Must rephrase that. Who was scared to death of body work, and then learned how not to be scared to death of body work?

How did you learn to fix your dent? Where did you find the courage? How did you overcome your natural and innate fear of bent, crunched metal?

I hate The Dent. I hate it, I despise it, I loathe it. But I don't have any money, so I have to live with it or fix it. So far I've lived with it, but I feel so... so dirty. I feel used, and just... dirty. Oh, how I hate The Dent.

Help me. Oh please... HELP ME!
Attached Images

domeier is offline   Reply With Quote