The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-18-2011, 09:01 PM   #1
Slowtruk

Continuing the dream-'61 Apache build

Hey dudes, well my 65 build has been postponed now that I have picked up a members project that I think is a more desirable truck to build and is fancier what with all the custom trimmings on it. The 65 will be built later.

Zack (CVA59) did most of the hard work for me, he found and bought NOS door trim (the rest of the trim is intact), he found a near perfect aluminum grille for the truck, and he has already had the frame sandblasted and painted, plus all new steering components up front. He went with a 64 (?) frame with leafs instead of that uglass X style frame the truck came with. Steering box has also been totally rebuilt.

2 weeks ago I picked up a BBW cab from him, to convert my 65 glass. Saw the 61 and decided I had to have it on the way home. Went back and picked it up today. Along with a ton of other stuff, I think they just wanted to clear out the garage! LOL. a full set of 10" 6 lug wheels that could be blasted and powdercoated, 2 7" rallys, 3 steering columns including an automatic one (no floor shfter now baby!). All kinds of other stuff. Bedsides, etc.

Anyways the frame and all that is already done, so I plan on (once I get off the 6 weeks of 7-12's I start tomorrow) purchasing just a crate 290 hp GM engine, I have a 700r being completely rebuilt right now, and then just having the driveshaft fitted. Most of what I've bought for the 65 will go to the 61 now, well the things that will fit. Brand new rad support, fully rebuilt original radiator, poly cab and bed mounts, truck Hedman coated LT headers, 40 series flowmasters, etc. Once the drvetrain is complete I'll have my bodyman work his magic and the plan so far is either the teal and white OR a color called "kandy wine brandy" by house of kolor. WHo knows. Cant wait to getit started.

Heres Zacks thread of when he started it.
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=471388

More pics in a sec.
1961 c-10 Apache short fleet
2005 Chevy Suburban LT
2012 Hyundai Sonata
Slowtruk is offline   Reply With Quote