The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-19-2011, 08:15 PM   #1
wicky

69' cst basement build

Ok well after having my truck for almost a year I've decided to start tearing it down first let me explain my crazy title for this thread my garage is attached to the basement/house and barely has enough room to even park the truck in let alone work on it so I've got to use part of the basement for small parts (fenders doors etc.)

Now on to truck Its a 1969 chevy cst. It has a 396 bb auto with factory posi. Power steering and a/c. Its a very very solid truck so the body work should be very easy.

The to do list

Body: I'll do all the work my self. My plans are to do a 5/7 static drop with rally wheels. I plan on leaving the outside stock appearing with all the trim door handles etc. Im going with a custom tri coat paint. Black base for sure but undecided with what kind of mid coat to go with. Ill just have to play around with that when i get a little closer to paint

Engine drive train: Ill completely rebuild the 396. Looking for 4-500 horse. Tranny i haven't decided 100% on if i'll keep the th400 or go with a muncie or a 200r4. The rear end. All really depends on what gears are in it factory and how reliable that posi is for that horse if i do much to it but im sure i'll have to change gears depending on how i build the motor

So that should be about all of it. I'll. Post some pics up once my photobucket decides to work. Hopefully by tomorrow
Posted via Mobile Device
wicky is offline   Reply With Quote