The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-20-2011, 06:36 PM   #1
domeier

"Now what's wrong with it?"

I have a neighbor who said that to me this morning. He seems to believe he has to say that to me whenever he sees me working on my truck. I am ready to shoot that guy. (Not really y'know "shoot" him, but maybe just kick him.) Kick him hard.

Nothing's "wrong" with it, you dolt, besides the fact that it's 40 years old, and in order for it to live another 40 years, it requires maintenance. Maintenance, like changing the oil, greasing the joints and maybe replacing a tie rod or u-joint every once in a while.

Oh yeah??? What about you, eh? Mr. Toyota-Hybrid-thing-ain't-gonna-last-ten-years-before-it's-in-the-junkyard-guy??? Eh????? Now what's wrong with it? Why are the men in blue coveralls towing your shiny little coke can off to the scrapyard? Why can't you fix it yourself, eh? Now what's wrong with it???

Aiyoh. That guy.

I wish he'd come up with a new line. Something like, "Good morning," or "How ya doin'?"

I hope he buys an old Chevy truck someday, so he can come on this forum and read this post.

That'll show him.
domeier is offline   Reply With Quote