The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2011, 01:42 AM   #1
ianb3

1986 Crew Cab

So I have been cruising this site for a while, and I finally decided to join and get my project up. Last October I bought a 1986 C30 Silverado crew cab single wheel 2x4. The truck was a special order, I bought it from the original owners who were driving it back and forth from Oregon pulling a horse trailer. 92k original miles, they hadn't driven it for about 5 or 6 years. During that time it was sitting next to a barn. I surprisingly talked my parents into letting me buy it just a week after my 15 birthday. me and my dad drove it home without any problems, I learned to drive in that truck and I learned some basic auto repair. Then one night some time in January me and my dad were driving home from Kragen's when the transmission started slipping it caught for a few seconds, just long enough to get around the corner and then it was gone. So we borrowed a friends 64 El Camino to pull it up the hill to his garage where he helped me remove, and replace the transmission. The past year I've had some crazy moments, I learned the power of a 454 engine (accidental burnout) and some camping trips where it's power has been very useful. I've done a lot of work to that car the radiator, power steering hoses, rebuilt the carburetor, redid all the vacuum hoses, did the mufflers, tune-up and other things. To make a long story short I need advice on future modifications to the truck. I love the work people put into there trucks, and I have never seen so many crew cab square bodies. I'll post pictures as soon as possible, and I will need all the help I can get. One question, were their any extended cab versions like the fords from the 80's?

ianb3 is offline   Reply With Quote