The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2011, 02:08 PM   #1
lil hoodlum

Does anyone else have a hard time pulling the trigger?

Does anyone else have a hard time deciding what they want to do?

I'm stuck on what to do for the engine and rim departments.

I have an old 350 that I rebuilt 14 years ago. It runs fine but is beginning to get a little tired. It was just a stock rebuild so no go fast goodies on it. I would love to step up to a 383 for some killer speed and torque. I wish that I would have rebuilt the 327 that was in it. I was young and new to chevy trucks and I mistakenly thought a 350 would be faster.

I have been pouring over craiglist ads for 327. But then I start to look at 350s. Like everyone else, money is a deciding factor. Like I said earlier, my motor runs fine but I worry about how much more time I have with it. I have a little money saved up. I want to prepare myself for when it comes time to rebuild/ replace.

After rebuilding the 350, I decided I didn't really want to rebuild another. It was fun but it does take time and isn't exactly cheaper I guess.

For the rims, I have some cheap chrome ones. They are ok. They roll. I like the stock look with steelies with full wheel covers. But then again, I like the look of the Boss and Coys also. I got some steelies from the salvage yard 6 lug and I think they are 15 x 6. Not really what I wanted. I would rather have 15 x 8's or 15 x 10's. Well I guess i have em now, not sure what I'll do with them.

Aye carumbah!!!!

Anyone else feel the same way? How do you finally decide what to do?

Keith
lil hoodlum is offline   Reply With Quote