The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2003, 12:33 AM   #1
MandarinSixSeven
Seasonal Poster

Question Exhaust Help/Hints/opinions

Well, I just installed a new set of Flowmaster 40 series (delta flows) on my truck. During the installation, we started it up without the tailpipes (so the exhaust just ended at the mufflers) and it sounded really good and loud. After the tailpipes were installed and exiting right in front of the rear tires we were done and started it once again. This time it was considerably quieter??? it is 2 1/4" pipe.

Now my question is...should I just get rid of the tailpipes and throw on some dumps?
Or (this is were I need the professional/expert/experienced opinions,) should I try putting on some fatter tailpipes (from the muffler back) like say 2 3/4" or 3"

I'm looking for louder/better sounding options here, so keep that in mind when recommending what to do...

So, anyone have any experience with this kinda thing I'd really apprectiate it and sorry about the long post, but I've been thinking about this for a while, seeing as all I have to do is think (due to recovering from my brain injury)

Thanks in advance.
Kelowna BC, Canada
Member of DTPW
MandarinSixSeven is offline   Reply With Quote