The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-22-2011, 07:14 PM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

Another box into a trailer question.

Well I'm finally getting rid of all my extra "junk". One project Im not going to dump is my turn a pick up box in to a trailer.

I will be using this trailer as a substitute for my K20 (Im retiring it). Now I don't haul a lot of super heavy stuff. Maybe a load of bark or some plywood, all stuff the K20 handles like a feather.

Ill be pulling this trailer with my panel or my honeys Trailblazer. So here is what I think may or may not be a dilemma.

Im going to paint it to match my panel and put a canopy on it. I also want to lower it to be about the same height as the panel (total 6 inch drop). I have two choices. I have a leaf spring truck or a coil spring truck. I have helper springs for both styles ... but maybe they wont work with a lowered trailer? Maybe helper bags?

Im pretty sure the leaf spring truck is the way to go for a trailer, but I may have to do a flip kit of some sort to get it down a ways.

Any way Im open to thoughts on the best way to go. Hopefully I explained it well enough. Only keeping one, the other will be going to the scrappers.