The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevy/GMC Suburbans & Panels Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2011, 09:48 PM   #1
CurtisC

New to site and suburban life.

Hello fellow forum peeps, I have recently purchased a 1971 Suburban for $4500 (was that a good price?). It came with the back to front ac, ps, pb, 307 with q-jet 4bbl carb, and a 700r4 trans. The body seems to be in really good shape and doesn't look like it's ever been in an accident. So far since I got it home I have found out that the advertised 350 is actually a 1973 307 engine with upgraded 4 bbl carb which was rebuilt 35k miles ago and I am currently redoing all the brakes, shocks, and replacing all the lights. I took it in for a couple of leaks and getting the ac turned over to r134 which they tested and said it holds pressure and should work fine (they added freon and said it blew cold but when I got it it was warm and I noticed the adapter they put on was loose and hissing so I'm going back for that one). There are a few things I need help on. I noticed that the fuel gauge reads 1/3 of a tank full when it is filled. Is that a gauge or a sending unit thing? Also, when I am going 45mph the speedo reads 60mph how do I fix that? Other then that it just needs restoration parts to make it pretty. I want to get to daily driver status. I have added some pics. One last thing is mirrors as it came the small mirrors but I see other burbs with the bigger ones. Do you know where I can find those? All the websites I've been to only have the small mirrors as oem. lmctruck has been my friend lately. Thanks for all the future help as I will be asking a lot of questions here in the near future.
Attached Images

Last edited by CurtisC; 09-25-2011 at 09:49 PM. Reason: Adding Pictures
CurtisC is offline   Reply With Quote