The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-27-2011, 03:26 PM   #1
octard

'67 GMC Truck Valve Covers

Hello Folks,

I was wondering if someone on this forum might be able to help guide me a bit further in one bit of old race car research. Yes, trust me, this comes back to GMC trucks, I think, so please bear with me.

Several 1966 and later small block Chevy powered sports racers (Can-Am, USRRC) and Formula 5000 (Continental, Formula A), ran a stamped steel, no hole, and no "Chevrolet" script valve cover.

My notes and some pictures of the valve covers in question can be seen on this link to another forum dedicated to old Trans-Am Camaros:

http://www.camaros.org/forum/index.php?topic=8146.0

What led me to this forum, was reference to some very similar GMC valve covers in this thread (in particular, the posts by "1967C20"):

http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=348960

It would seem that these plain (no "Chevrolet" script because it's a GMC), no-hole small block valve covers look to be a good match, but I can't be sure.

Would anyone on this list be able to comment on whether the 1967 GMC (or 1966 for that matter) small block equipped trucks came both without holes and wire retainment tabs?

Additionally, would anyone know specific part numbers for these items?

I have the ability to source and modify the applicable bits that could reproduce this look, but I'm really just interested in finding out from a historical perspective, what may have originally been used back in the day.

All the best, and I welcome any additional feedback... if you're still reading and interested.

-Chad
octard is offline   Reply With Quote