The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2011, 03:34 AM   #1
doctrouble

First Drive

Went and got it registered and insured today. Got to it and the frellin thing wouldn't even start with starting fluid.. I was relaxed and just thought to myself naa... its just my varnished gas.. (completely rebuilt/dipped the Qjet a week ago). No idea why it stopped today.. lol but tore apart that thing maybe 4-5 times. the last time i opened it i found the valve that hangs in the float arm to stop the gas flow was out of its guide hole, so fixed that and it started right up.. >

was AWESOME!.. 3-4 years been very slowly trying to get this running.. passed 2 cop cars on the way home.. . smokes like KRAZY!!.. just glad i was coasting down a hill when passing those cops.. huge smoke signals everywhere i was going.

Question tho... Its had a rumored trany prob (sitting for 16yrs) and i do know its a stock 3speed with a 402 engine. only reason i ask is because of the high shifting speed and a slight kick when it does shift. what sounds a good speed to shift out of first? 25-35mph? I know you guys are going to ask what kind of transmission but.. i've never looked to figure it out.

WOOHOO!! Thanks
Attached Images

doctrouble is offline   Reply With Quote