The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > General Discussion

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2011, 04:21 PM   #1
McMurphy

On taking Photos, couple tips

Hello gentlmen,
and any ladies that may be out there!!

Here are a couple tips on taking photos for your posts:

1. If possible use a tripod, the stability will increase the sharpness of your pics by 50%, ESPECIALLY if you are in a garage that is not well lit.

2. If you get that flash haze alot you can reduce that by putting a piece of plain old yellow masking tape across your flash, but again you will really need the tripod. Or you can use a piece of toilet paper across the flash. These will work as a diffuser and will scatter and soften the brightness of the flash without compromising the lighting needed for the shot.
(That is why the fellow taking your wedding candid photos had tape across his flash in case you were wondering.

3. With the new auto-everything cameras today, if you get a shot framed but the camera wont fire it is because it is not registering enough light thru the apature. Just aim the camera at a better lit spot not from from the shot you want, and push the trigger half way down...re-center on the shot you want, then push the rest of the way to take the pic.

I think this will help some of the fellows here with their threads (my eyes are like raisens cause I been trying to read a LOT of your builds)

Good luck and hope to see alot more pics !!

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote