The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
Rifter_Chevy

Smallest vehicle you have been saved by?

This is going to be embarrassing.

On the way home today me and a friend went to the local mud hole to test out his new ride, a 88 Toyota 4runner on 35" TSL boggers. After playing for a while and him getting stuck a few times and me pulling him out i decided to take the big mud hole that none of us had tried before. Maybe not my brightest moment as i have a stock 84 3/4 ton with 32x10.5" mud tires.

It seemed like a good idea at the time but as soon as i started into it i got a bad feeling and rammed it in reverse but it was already to late, front end went it and kept going, whole grill under water and water coming into the cab, maybe 2-3" from water going into the carb. No way was i getting out of that hole without help and floor was covered in water up to the hump in the floor.

So i climb out the slider with my recovery strap and hook it up to ym rear bumper and throw it to my buddy with the 4runner who says there is no way in hell he is going to be able to pull me out.

Well 60-70 pulls on the strap with 2 breaks for the runner to cool down and about a hour later he did manage to pull my ass out of there.

Moral of the story, if you are going to play in the mud in a full size take another full size with you