The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #1
Regular Guy

Question for those that put aftermarket gauges in the 4 bottom gauge holes

People, I'm going to put in four 2 1/16" Auto Meter gauges in the factory dash bezel in the bottom four holes, and a 3 3/8" in-dash Auto Meter tach in the currently unused center tach position. Speedometer and gas gauge will stay stock.

My printed circuit board/card for the cluster is in bad shape--none of the factory gauges work except speedo and gas because of breaks and burns in the card. (Also factory sending units are long gone. I've got cheap underdash gauges at the moment.)

I need to get a new one, but I only need to supply the speedometer and gas gauge. I'm thinking the one for the cluster without gauges and tach would work, but I'm going to be modifying that tach area, and that one has circuitry for the turn signals in this tach area.

Or just get the one with gauges and without tach, and somehow modify that? I haven't torn the thing apart yet to check it out, and I couldn't find this question anywhere else...

I get the feeling I'm missing something obvious here...
Regular Guy is offline   Reply With Quote