The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2011, 01:47 AM   #11
57truckguy

Re: Project Vitamin C-10

Alan I hope it helps but in my fumbling around I bow to the masters and found a guy on the net who seems to fit that bill.. He states that 30 should always be power with a fuse of some kind, 85 always goes to ground, 86 to a switch of some kind, be it manual or automatic, 87 is the output to fans, lights and etc. 87a to power a second electrical device when 87 ie light or fan is off. wire to 30 and from 87 should be of the same size, 85 can be smaller since it is only a ground and usually short, and wire to 86 can be smaller as it is used only to trigger or turn on the relay. Clear as mud.. ???? I have more diagrams if you need and can post tomorrow or sunday if you need. actually I think that is today since it is after midnight.. Ha ha !!!

when I sent him an email years ago asking the same question about if it makes and difference which way to connect, he said that later on I would benfit if my wiring conformed to some standard and would ease stacing problems in the future.
57truckguy is offline   Reply With Quote