The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2011, 03:07 PM   #1
Bcg01

69 LWB - Uncle Homer - Muffler Suggestions?

I just got a 69 Chevy pickup that I need some help on, always wanted a truck like this to work on but I dont know much. This truck was bought from the dealership by my great uncle in 1969, he passed away a few years back and his wife finally sold it to me last month. He was a mechanic by trade and kept this truck running like a top, drove two miles each day in it back and forth to work.

It is a 307 with three on the tree. Changed the plugs, wires, distributor cap. New brakes, had the drums turned and replaced the master cylinder. I got the seat reupholstered and now I am ready to take my vintage plates to the courthouse and register it. Sounds like i have a leak in the exhaust just behind the exhaust manifolds. I want to replace to whole exhaust system with some flowmasters.

Should I have the muffler shop put an H pipe in the exhaust before it goes into each muffler? And what type of flowmaster should I get for it? I am looking on ebay and there is just so much to choose from. Pipe size? I don't know what I need and what would be best sound and performance. Suggestions and input would be greatly appreciated.

I am not going to change the truck much, I like the stock look. I tracked down two new rally wheels and beauty rings for it. Bought some center caps and 7/16 conversion lugs so I can put a newer set of chrome center caps and not those 4x4 since this is a 6 lug.

Might lower the truck a few inches, nothing too dramatic. Plan to insulate the cab floor and move the gas tank underneath the truck.

Just want a nice old pickup I can drive with my daughter and wife around in. Any suggestions on the exhaust setup or anything else would be appreciated.
Attached Images

Bcg01 is offline   Reply With Quote