The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > All 4x4 Tech & Off Roading

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2011, 12:14 AM   #1
1SS

All Kinds of questions!

First question... is there any difference between 2WD and 4WD rear brake lines. One of mine broke when I was changing the wheel cylinder. 2nd question... where can I find a baking plate for the left rear drum for a 72 k-10 mine is rusted out where the parking brake cable goes through, and 3rd what kind of automatic transmission will work in a 72 k-10 with a NP 205 t-case. I have 307 engine with a muncie 4 speed right now. It really sucks in norfolk traffic, and my last question is has anyone else had problems with parts and or service from LMC truck parts? I ordered $2500 worth of axel and brake pars form them and I didn't get some of the parts I ordered, and the ring gear bolts stripped out when torqued to 35 ft/lbs. Not too excited about ordering parts from that place again. On that note I have a quick story. I pulled my rear diff apart and was going to change the carrier bearings, but when I went to pull one of them off it just slid right off. After further inspection and measuring I noticed that the bearing had been spinning on the journal. I also noticed that someone had put a new bearing on, and tried to peen into place. I can't believe all of the jacked up stuff I am finding on this truck. the guy I bought the truck from is a mechanic and he owns his own shop. I wouldn't let this guy work on my roller skates. I can't wait to tear apart the front differantial or any other system on this truck. Its like walking into a house of horrors blind folded. Anyone want to buy a truck haha
1SS is offline   Reply With Quote