The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Electrical > Truck Audio

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2011, 08:19 AM   #1
Ncracer79

8" sub next to tank?

Hey Guys,

I am working on my 64 longbed project. Not sure when I want to do the stereo, I just know I will do one. In the past I was really into this stuff, but that was quite a while ago.

I am thinking something pretty mild and would love thoughts. The previous owner cut holes in the door and dash so I will use those for the head unit and some nice 6.5's in the door. I am hoping to get good mid range and highs from the 6.5's and then squeeze one nice (maybe JL) 8" sub next to the tank. I will have to build my own box but wanted to see if anyone had done this. I saw the bazooka tube that someone did, but I really like the idea of an 8" sub. I used to have a JL 10" and loved it but I am not stuck on their equipment.

I think it can be done but the fit will be tight. I don't really have any interest in moving the tank so I only have a couple of options. For all of you experts out there do you think this simple 3 speaker setup will work alright for a nice, clean sound?

Thanks,

Kelley
Ncracer79 is offline   Reply With Quote