The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #1
punkavenger

A few random questions

all 59 Apache 3100 235 three on tree related, Thanks!

A. How do you turn on the interior light? If its a matter of turning the headlamp switch, well... that doesn't work! All of the other electronics on the truck work perfectly. Maybe a bulb?

B. Now that I have it running great with the 38 Weber carb and Petronix igniter to replace points and all the other tuneup stuff addressed, it idles so perfectly at 400 RPM you can barely hear it running. 20mph in 1st, 40 in 2nd and 60 in 3rd ... . I sure would like to get it to the point of being just a little more freeway friendly I know this is the perennial problem with these trucks thus all the swapping of parts etc. Anyway to make the engine a little higher reving? Would headers actually make that big of a difference? (I hate to do headers as I just paid over $300 for a new exhaust and that would all have to be redone, but if it would really make a difference...) Or taller tires on the rear? (hate to do that too, looks great the way it is and everything is new) ... Do they make taller gears for the stock diff?

C. How do you adjust the shift linkage?

Thanks!
punkavenger is offline   Reply With Quote