The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-19-2011, 08:04 PM   #1
qksilver

a new disc brake swap question....maybe

I am swapping disc brakes on to my 66 truck I bought a couple of weeks ago. I have swapped many disc onto 67-72 trucks, no problems there.

The question that came to mind going thru a review of other posts is track width. Both front and rear, with a possible rear swap in the near future. I have some 15x8 wheels off of a big bolt pattern caprice/impala? sw.

I am going to swap to the front discs and a 72 5 lug rear end in the next couple of days. I have a 66 chevy swb with a fleetside bed,(trailing arm suspension). I am using a 78 complete front suspension with cross member, and a 72 trailing arm 5 lug rear end. I am also going to use the new 235/75/15 tires that came on the truck.

Am I going to have interference problems with the front fenders and the rear bed sides because I guess the front and rear track widths will be wider?

I want to keep the look I have with it lowered and paint the 15x8 wheels the same color yellow. The wheels on it now are 15x6 6 lug.

I also have a set of aftermarket 6 lug rotors that I could use and keep the original rear in the truck. If the 15x8 wheels and the tires I have won't work, what 6 lug disc brake compatible wheels should I look for? Not sure what 15x6or 7 6 lugs came on.

Any idea suggestions or opinions for the easiest way to keep the look of the truck?

Thanks,
Steve
Attached Images

qksilver is offline   Reply With Quote