The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2011, 07:25 PM   #11
VA72C10
VA72C10

Re: Rebuild on a shoestring.....continued

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68 TT View Post
Sorry to hear you haven't found a new full time job yet.

I was in the same boat until a couple weeks ago but was only off for four months. I had to dump my architecture degree in the trash and go back to my machinist training from the air force to get back to work.

Do you have any previous training or experience you could fall back on until the building trade picks back up?
In high school I interned at an architectural firm, took courses for drafting and design in high school, and took college classes focusing on math and business but still have a bunch of hours needed for a degree....
I have 16yrs experience designing cabinetry on the computer/remodeling/installing cabinets/managing showrooms, etc...related to cabinetry, kitchens, and baths. (19 yrs counting hs and internship) I've found side work but it's slow now obviously...

Other than that my skills are related to restoring trucks or manual labor but man, what some people are accepting for things like cutting grass/cleaning gutters I don't see how they make any money after paying for their gas...