The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2011, 06:38 PM   #11
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Re: Fixrupr

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarts View Post
Let me tell you about a cool happening. Last week I listed a complete 1967 front clip on the local craigslist for $400. I got a few calls right after I listed, but as usual a few no shows. Typical for most Craigslist shoppers. Monday I received a call from a guy that was interested in the clip, he kept talking about how he bought this 4x4 that had a wrecked front end and needed to replace it. Then he goes on to say that he was really looking for a 72 clip for the truck.

Well I happen to have one of those over at the storage unit next my house, I told him that that clip was 100% complete, rust free and the body work had already been done. He says give me your address and I will come and get Tuesday afternoon.

I gave him the address and the next day he shows up with the $450 and we load it. Then he goes on to tell me that he drove 10 hours from Vegas to get it and was on his way back so he would'nt be late for work.

Wow I was blown away that I had local people that said they were on there way over and never showed, this guy drove 10 hours one way.

Now thats dedication to your cause.
No kidding. He has some serious faith in people too. I can't count the number of times someone has sold a part out from under me when I told the guy I was on my way to pick it up. That would really suck after driving for 10 hours.

I wish we were closer. I could use that 67 front clip but the gas for me to come get it would be nearly what you are asking for it.
68 Camaro SS / RS 500hp 439 inch roller cam big block 4L80E
79 Malibu TPI 350 4L60 w/ Z28 steering & sway bars
68 TT is offline   Reply With Quote