The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-26-2011, 11:47 PM   #1
Meatman

Straight out of pasture 68

Been hoping to find a 67-72 for a while now. Haven't been looking really hard but had my eye on a couple in town. Well one fell in my lap this weekend. Friend of a friend bought a car from a gentleman and he had this 68 tucked back on his property among lots of other stuff. I bought this sight unseen, just went off of what my buddy said. But I knew for the price I couldn't get hurt.

Story is he bought in from his buddy when it only had 700 miles on it. His buddy bought it brand new and wasn't happy with it because it got bad gas mileage. Pretty bad considering gas was only about 35 cents a gallon then. So he had it since basically brand new. Spent most of its life with camper in back of it. He said he always planned to restore it, but hes in his 70s now and figured he ought to let her go. He said shes been setting about 6 years. He would always go start it every couple months up until about a year ago when the packrats got to some wiring.

Truck is pretty original. Pretty much head to toe 68 except for 8 track player which they didnt cut the dash thank you! Did install door speakers though..... Overall truck is really solid. Gonna clean it up and park it till spring when I have more time to go through it and get it all the road. Brakes are dragging and pedal is horrible. Gas tank is full of rust. Sure carb is toast.

Ok....on to the good stuff!! Ill let the pics do the talking.

About wet down my leg when I found this in glove box too.

Interior is mint. Dash isnt cracked at all.....

Said he couldn't find the tailgate. Supposed to keep looking for it. Had to cut rear bumper off cause it was hanging out like 5 feet too because of the camper. The wood in the bed still has paint on it. I was amazed.

Shes horribly filthy.....First pic is close up of hood.....

Has some rust starting. Floor supports are kinda soft too. Overall really solid though.

Big block ftw....

3.54 as tag says....
My 01 TA and 88 Formula hide in the garage. :-)
Meatman is offline   Reply With Quote