The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Forums > Alternate Tinkerings

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2011, 05:09 AM   #1
Torrey72
Rollin in my K5 toaster

Honda CT-70

Summer before last I was trolling craigslist when I found this gem. A 1973 Honda CT-70. If you were a kid, back in the day. You might have owned one, your uncle owned one, or one of your friends owned one. It brought back some fond memories of an ill spent youth. I had to buy it.
The tired 70cc engine didn't quite have the power I remember as a Kid so I swapped it out for a brand new 110cc engine. As you can see in the pic's I had to leave off the skid plate. The new engine is a bit bigger. Some day I might fab up a stock looking one. I am not the first to do this conversion and you can find plenty of others on the net. But what I did differently then all the rest is to wrought the throttle cable into a hole I drilled under the frame and out the front wiring harness grommet and up to the handle. Everyone else buys a funky bent intake tube that offsets the carb to one side. It looks wrong and lame to me. I always lean toward a stock look in anything I do. The bike is licensed for the road and I zip around town now and again for comedic value. The speedo go's to 50 and that 110cc can get the bike up to that and a little more. It makes a cool pit bike and a fun toy to bring camping too.
Attached Images

Torrey72 is offline   Reply With Quote