The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2011, 08:32 AM   #1
CG
BlahBlahBlah

3/4 ton hub cap question

I sold the tires, wheels and caps off of my K20 since I was going to put it away for who knows how long. But now I'm considering selling it. So I have some decent tires and stock size wheels wheels on it (instead of a set of crappy rollers). Now Im trying to come up with a set of stock style caps ... very hard to come by for 3/4 ton 4x4's for a decent price.

I guy told me he has a set of caps off of a 79 3/4 ton 4x4 that I can have for a decent price. Does anyone know if these will fit? I was thinking the front hub on the later models are much smaller, which I could take care of by opening up the hole some. But are the caps as deep on the 79's? I seem to recall having a set of later model caps on my 68 K20 and the previous owner had bowed the centers out on the rears to make em fit ... I could be wrong though, that was quite awhile back.

I did have this over in the 4x4 area and got zero responses. I deleted it over there and am posting here, so this is not a double post for the ones that did see it over there.

Mark