The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
HarrySmith

Cool New member, old guy, from South Florida

Hi All! I just joined here although I have been a reader for a while. My friend Albert (Big_Al_71) got me interetsed here during his truck build 3 years ago. Also another friend, Raul (Raull) is a recent member who just started his build. I was the one responsible for getting Al into the restoration the first time, except for the engine, That was Raul's fault. In Al's build thread when he talks about "we" he is referring to me. I did not see it in his thread so somebody needs to ask how it got started.
About a year ago I finally got the truck I have been searching for after many years, a 1963 Corvair Rampside. I don't know if it fits this forum as it is rear engine and does not hold water but it is a Chevy! Shortly after I started tearing it apart I lost my job so it got parked and was put on hold. I got a new job a few months ago and finally started looking at my truck again. I already had the engine torn apart and the heads redone. I found a damaged crank, 3 spun bearings and was highly disappointed. I am still tight on funds so I decided to store the original engine and aquire parts abit at a time. In the meantime a member of a Corvair forum offered me an engine real cheap so I now have something to put in so I can at least drive it! Preparing to transport it to my new job shortly to begin bringing it back to life. I will post as progress occurs. If you are interested I have a lot of pictures here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/1034832...rvairRampside#
HarrySmith is offline   Reply With Quote