The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2011, 06:09 PM   #1
srvivor71

Finished my interior...

When I got my truck it had an all black interior with a pretty ratty black houndstooth seat cover. I found out later it came with a Parchment interior when new.

I wanted to go back to (kind of) original but Parchment is way too light for someone as sloppy as me. I settled on a vinyl somewhere between parchment and saddle. I also went with vinyl floor mats for the original theme and because of that whole being sloppy thing.

The seat cushions were sculpted to form kind of bucket areas. The bucket parts are upholstered in perforated vinyl, everything is is smooth vinyl. Door panels, arm rests, dash pad and visors were all done in the smooth vinyl.

Steering column and (repop) steering wheel were painted with SEM saddle paint. BTW: The repop wheel is a real disappointment - very light and flimsy. It feels like I could break it when I pull on it to climb aboard. I may look for an original one and make a project of restoring it.
Here are a couple pics:

srvivor71 is offline   Reply With Quote