The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > Welcome and Discussion > Welcome Area

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2011, 08:10 PM   #1
metallicat83

Post New guy from Portland, Oregon

Hi all, my name is Aaron, and I am the proud owner/restorer of a 1972 K-10 Cheyenne. 350 v8 with a TH350 tranny. She definitely needs some work, but slowly and surely i am making progress. My dad was the original owner of the truck, and bought it brand new in 1971 when he graduated high school and was working at the paper mill. I've been driving the truck since i was 14 years old! She now has 411,000 miles on her and still runs.

I have all the original papers and service records for her, and that engine has never been apart, other than a few years ago when i replaced the old tired Quadrajet with an Edelbrock mdl 1406, replaced the water pump and my intake runners.

Sad to say, she's not in very good shape anymore. She sat in my dad's field for 7 years while i was overseas, so now I have to start from the ground up. I am currently in the process of preparing to rebuild the original engine and transmission, and then I am going to start doing the body and electrical work. She's also my daily driver and has never failed!

Anybody in the Portland area of Oregon, let me know, there are specific parts i can't find anywhere
metallicat83 is offline   Reply With Quote