The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2011, 06:35 PM   #1
Rifleman

New To The Board

Hello All. Though I've been reading posts for a while now I have yet to post myself. These forums have really been the catalyst for me to get my 72 K10 fixed up a little. I've started prepping it today for paint but the rain drove me inside so I thought I'd share a photo with y'all. My grandfather bought the truck new in December of 71 (the manufacture date is 11/71 so she's officially 40 years old). My grandfather passed several years ago and I ended up with his truck. When my grandmother passed recently my mother was going through her papers and found the original dealer's sale receipt for the truck and the original loan paperwork! The truck was listed at $4229 and my grandfather received $600 trade in for his '66 Chevy 4x4. Final sale price, $3810.45, including tax! She's gotten pretty rough around the edges in the last 40 years but she still starts right up and runs like a top. I got most of the chrome trim off in preparation for the paint but I still have to get the "Custom/10" badges off, which it looks like I'll have to at least drop the inner fender to get to the nuts. Any advise on this? This is getting long, so lets just get to the photo.
Attached Images

Rifleman is offline   Reply With Quote