The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2011, 09:07 PM   #1
ryans69chevy

Convert to a newer front end on an AD?

Working on a '49 father-son project. Wondering about front ends - If we should keep the original front end or convert to a newer front end i.e. Mustang II front end. I see a lot of people converting to this front end. I wouldn't mind having a manual steering truck, so I think it would be pretty neat to keep it all the same, but just how readily are the parts if we need to replace them? Are they pretty easy to come by? Or is this one of the main reasons for changing it to a newer front end? Would it be a good idea to just keep it the same? Hopefully someone can chime in and maybe list some advantages and disadvantages of both? I'm not sure at this point if power brakes is a sure thing or not or if keeping this front end would even allow for this kind of set up? Even though were putting a 235 in it would be kinda nice to stop on a dime if need be.

Thanks!
ryans69chevy is offline   Reply With Quote