The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current Classic GM Trucks Classifieds > The 1973-1987 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Parts Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2011, 10:00 PM   #1
gearheads78

Recently running 1978 Big Block 454 engine carb to pan

I just finished parting out a 78 big 10 1/2 ton 454 truck. The body was rough but it was used as a daily driver. The motor ran great. My plan was to put it in a 66 Caprice I have but after looking at our finances I have decided to sell both the project and the motor. I recently had twins and the doctor bills are burying me right now. I'm just going to punt on this one so I can get going on my Suburban after I get caught up again.

Most of it has been cleaned up and degreased other than the pan and valve covers ( I was going to have to use a car pan and chrome covers) I bought a new Felpro gasket set that cost $80.00 alone and I will include it was the engine. All I was going to do was re-gasket it and paint it since it ran so well. I will include the factory carb also. Some of the brackets were all ready sold since I needed to use all my 66 396 parts in the car. It you need a core to build a race motor or just need something to get your car or truck back on the road this is a great deal. If you don't have a way to haul it I am willing to help out there with in reason.

Looking to get $600.00 complete with the new gasket set.
Attached Images

Last edited by gearheads78; 11-13-2011 at 10:13 PM.
gearheads78 is offline   Reply With Quote