The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
Brian LI

Brake Help Please

Ok so I'm new to this forum and new to Chevy trucks. I acquired this '72 ramp truck over the summer and have finally gotten some time to work on it.

Well the front brake rotors are pretty much shot and I've been trying to find replacements. My friends at the local NAPA tracked some down some and the ones available don't fit. The inner wheel bearing is too deep and once the rotors are mounted you can't mount the caliper on the bracket. Even if you could get the caliper mounted the new rotors are to wide allow the caliper and pads to fit over them. There is another type listed but they come up everywhere as not available.

Now I'm gonna guess that I'm not the first one to have this issue . I'm hopeful that someone can at least aim me in the right direction for the parts or to a solution.

I have direct orders from my other half "Why don't you take some time and get that new project of yours going?" So I want to take advantage of the opportunity. Here's a pic of what I have and thanks in advance for any advice.

Brian LI is offline   Reply With Quote