The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2011, 03:33 AM   #1
Summabish

New but old Truck Guy (kind of an intro)

About me:
I'm 26, currently in the Navy and underway. I've been a gearhead/grease monkey pretty much since I was old enough to help my father work on projects and what not. I've owned an assortment of vehicles since I was old enough to learn how to drive ranging from trucks to cars, classic to modern, and domestic to import. I've been debating on what I wanted new project and/or dd for when I get back and have always had a special place in my heart for the 60-66 style pickups as well as the 67-69 camaro(hopefully one day I can say I have one). I rarely buy anything built, I like to work on it/build it myself. Now off to my new project and will be daily now.

Well I finally found me another 60-66 pickup. It’s a 1966 Chevy C-20, 283 v8 with a 3 on the tree. The previous owner did a good portion some body work already, as well as getting rid of the ¾ ton suspension and upgrading it with some newer 1500 chevy suspension with the 5 lug pattern. It has power brake upgrade, with disk up front and newer chevy rearend. I have my dad picking it up for me this week(he dropped a deposit on it for me until he could get the money wire I sent him) being as I am currently deployed and wont be back until early next year. I’ve got plenty of plans for it currently have a 85 Silverado; which is in storage til I return, on the 73-87 sister forum link attached at the bottom for wondering eyes. Which will no longer be getting the LS1 swap and instead I plan to swap it in to this. This is my first solid 60-66 project truck. I’ve had a 64 SWB Fleetside which I lost interest in being as I was young and dumb as well as a 66 LWB Step Side. Now that I’m a lot older I’m finally getting one of my dream trucks. Now to the pictures I have. I picked it up for $1000 btw which I think was a good deal.

http://forum.73-87chevytrucks.com/sm...html#msg160654
Summabish is offline   Reply With Quote