The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
1963c-10

New to the forum /63 c-10 in NC

New to the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. Been on the Stovebolt for a couple years, but was told I needed to check you guys out. See alot of the same faces here. Im a proud supporter and owner of Chevy classic iron, no matter what years or makes, but of course I prefer the trucks. I curently own a 63 chevy c-10 shortbed stepside. Alot of factory options...4 way flashers, chrome and trim options, radio, litter container, hub caps. The truck is currently powered by the original 230 L6, muncie mc318 trans and factory 12 bolt w/3:73 gears with 68,000 original miles. Truck was built in Baltimore and sent to Kittenridge PA where it stayed until the early 80's then being moved to Raleigh NC. I found the truck in a corn field in Fayetteville NC minus rims/tires sitting on blocks and had it towed home. Since then, have replaced all the missing parts and went through any mechanical issues that were problems....new fluids, tune up, replace carb and fuel pump, new brakes all the way around. Truck is my daily driver, goes everywhere I go and still gets 16-18 mpg. My plans for the truck are to keep the body and interior stock. I have a 6 lug disk brake conversion on the front end w/dual master cylinder being non-power. I have a 1969 427BBC pushing 425hp and a 1967 borg warner T16 HD 3speed out of a 67 Chevelle SS 396/375hp car that will bolt behind the engine. Im converting it to a hydraulic clutch using the Novak kit commonly found on jeeps and a cool fabricated bracket the CaptainFab made for me. I want to do something different than the usual SB stuff with an auto or 4 speed and the Big block w/hd 3 speed was a factory option on the chevelle/camaro in 67-69. The bed wood has been restored with new oak and ss strips, the interior and wiring has been completed and now im working on the body. Hope to get lots more advice here and maybe some great tips. P.S. If any NC bolters in the area of Fayetteville, let me know and we can meet up sometime.
1963c-10 is offline   Reply With Quote