The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-16-2011, 03:32 PM   #1
chinusta

Remove the bed or drop the tank??

Hey guys, new to the forum here... well new to post, but have been lurking on and off for the last couple of years. My dad has (had its mine how HAHA!) a mexican 1990 Chevy C10 with a 4 speed manual transmission and a 350. Now the body style resembles more that of a 1986 to 87 american model. (sorry at work now so i only have the pics that i found in my phone. I will edit the post and add some more when I get home.) The thing is that the truck is in great shape, considering my dad used it mostly as an off road vehicle. he rebuilt the engine a few years back so it runs great, but it does have its little kinks. The speedometer gauge doesn't work, nor does the fuel level gauge. My guess for the speedo is the little gear that goes inside the tranny. for the gas, i know it is the floater. My dad keeps on telling me to sell it and get something more fuel efficient, but I just cant. I learned to drive in this truck and well I kinda fell in love with it now. Plus I already put some money in it adding a clutch and the slave and master cylinders (did those myself and well they came out great haha)

My question is should I drop the tank, or remove the bed?? I heard that some bolts will snap with a truck this old, but also, I have two tanks on it. one on each side, and removing the bed would give me access to both (both of the floaters are bad.) Should I just risk snapping a bolt? And if I drop the tank, it will only be one, Just the one I use as the daily driver.

On the images, Im adding a 3 piece split bench seat, from a 1987 Suburban, and I will restore the dashboard myself...

Im guessing that a lot of time will go into this truck

Name:  truck.jpg
Views: 434
Size:  49.7 KB

Name:  dashboard.jpg
Views: 431
Size:  59.2 KB

Name:  cab.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  33.1 KB
chinusta is offline   Reply With Quote